Eric S. Townsend
VP Marketing | 11x Creative Director | 23 x Author | 9x Mentor, Seattle, WA
Honored (9x). Published (23x). Innovator in “small books.” Student in this lineage: Marcel Duchamp (1887-1968) >> John Cage (1912-92) >> Stephen Addiss (1935-).
My greatest success was earning my way to marketing executive from progressive creative roles. My time serving Latista was catalyst. It wasn't pixie dust or stars aligning. It was creativity, logic, and discipline: aka left + right-brained marketing. I enhanced appeal. We were recognized for GUI excellence. I ensured the software was easy to find, understand, try, adopt, and evangelize through elevated digital presence. I helped the CEO achieve his #1 objective: acquisition — and 18 months early. Oracle was an ideal suitor ($663M).
• Natural innovator who pioneers breakthrough solutions and new avenues for growth.
• Brand champion with a can-do mindset, strategic acumen, and elevated creativity.
• Swiss Army Knife whose utility and adaptability stem from countless cycles.
• Business developer who sees opportunity, takes action, enables wins, and scales it.
• Capacity builder who bolsters teams, forges momentum, and boosts productivity.
• Lifelong student who actively listens, asks questions, and honors history.
• Warm personality who makes work more fun.
INTEGRATED MARKETING SKILLS
Marketing Strategy, Brand Storytelling, Project Management, Sales Enablement, Training, Thought Leadership, Publicity Communications, Writing & Editing, Content Management, Creative Direction, Graphic Design, Website Development, eCommerce, Digital Marketing, Data Analysis, SEO, PPC, Social Media, Reputation, Vendor Management, Mentorship
Creativity, Critical Thinking, Problem Solving, Active Listening, Intuition, Insight, Detail Orientation , Composure, Flexibility, Collaboration, Initiative, Empathy, Responsibility, Integrity, Grit, Wit, Rapport, Loyalty
Honored by The Webbys, PR Week, American Marketing Association, Society for Marketing Professional Services, Service Industry Advertising Awards, Washington Business Journal, Kickstarter, and the Northern Virginia Technology Council. Specifically recommended on dozens of occasions, including the testimonials below.
- Vice President, Marketing at Strong Home Mortgage, LLC
- 2021 Manassas, VA
- Digital Marketing Manager & Creative Director at Gates Hudson
- 2017 – 2019 Fairfax VA
- Author & Publisher at Momental (formerly Go Booklets)
- 02/2012 Worldwide
- Partner at Glimpse Digital
- 2007 – Present Worldwide
- Bachelor's, Fine Arts at University of Richmond
- Richmond, VA
- Staff Pick, Showcased (#1 of 418 in Publishing, for Tabula Raisa), from Kickstarter
- Innovator Award (Mobility Category, for Latista Technologies), from Northern Virginia Technology Council
- Silver & Bronze Medals (Advertising Category, two clients), from Service Industry Advertising Awards
- “Doing More With Less” (for Goodwill), from PR Week Magazine
- M Award (For Mint Fitness), from American Marketing Association
- Book of Lists (Top Creative Agencies, #17, for SQN), from Washington Business Journal
- Outstanding Pharmaceutical Website (for Pfizer), from The Webbys
- Corporate Identity Silver Medal (for Leo A Daly Architects), from Society for Marketing Professional Services
- The Margaret Owen Finck Award for Creative Writing (Finalist), University of Richmond
- Absolut Vodka (est. 1879)
- AIA (est. 1857)
- American Red Cross (est. 1881)
- B’nai B’rith International (est. 1843)
- Catholic Charities (est. 1910)
- Cort Furniture (est. 1845)
- First National Bank (est. 1857)
- Goodwill (est. 1902)
- Leo A Daly Architects (est. 1915)
- Mitsubishi Corporation (est. 1918)
- National Rifle Association (est. 1871)
- Navy Federal Credit Union (est. 1933)
- Pfizer (est. 1849)
- Rutgers University (est. 1766)
- Saab (est. 1945)
- Skanska (est. 1887)
- Sotheby’s (est. 1744)
- Universal Music Group (est. 1934)
- University of North Carolina (est. 1789)
- University of Richmond (est. 1830)
- Brand Management
- Content Strategy
- Content Management
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Thought Leadership
- Social Media
- Email Marketing
- Website Development
- Creative Direction
- Graphic & Website Design
- PC & Mac
- AP & Chicago Style
- Google Tools
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Powerpoint
- Adobe InDesign
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Acrobat Professional
- Adobe Analytics
- Adobe Target